Replacing the display assembly on an iPhone isn’t usually a difficult task, it is however tedious. Prior to creating this sheet I forgot to do somethings (the mesh screen usually) or didn’t get the screws in the right order. Hopefully you find this sheet as useful as I do. I am up for suggestions on how to improve it (notes, steps, etc.). One of the most important parts of this sheet is the Notes section at the top. No matter how many screens I replace I ALWAYS reread this section and then prior to reassembly I read it again.
Download my iPhone 4S Screen Replacement Part Sheet sheet here: iPhone 4S Screen Replacement Parts Sheet.pdf
View the iFixit guide here: http://tinyurl.com/jvh2vso
Here are my notes (they are included on the sheet too):
Notes (read these each and every time, it is easy to forget a few of these items):
- Use a clean sheet of paper to do the tear down on, put this part sheet off to the side & DON’T bump it.
- There is not a spot on this part sheet for the back cover or the battery.
- I don’t remove the plastic ring in step 12, it always seems attached very well.
- In step 22 & 30, I leave the tape attached to the tweezers I used to pull it off.
- In steps 17 / 24 watch for the little rubber piece (it is under the digitizer and LCD cable from step 17).
- Don’t forget to transfer the ear piece mesh from your old screen to your new screen (x-acto helps).
- Watch for the small clear plastic ring on the back of the screen, it is for the front camera. Transfer it.
- Don’t forget to peal the film off the back of the new screen just before install.
- In step 37 you must make sure the digitizer and LCD cables are pulled completely through the frame.